Monday, April 11, 2005

Wind

I've never seen it this bad... But wind is so bad right now that it's blowing down our side street and blowing our door open... I had to lock it.
That is pretty bad. I've recovering from this past weekend. Lots of things going on. Last week was the busiest one that I've had in a long time -- maybe ever. I felt like the week of final exams when I had a F in CAL I that I had to bring up to a D to graduate. Not a good feeling. Now I feel like midterms are over, but I really need to buckle down.

UPDATE: Vonage
I used my Vonage phone today. It works great. I just wish I could sync it with my cell phone and put all those numbers in there. I have some 240 numbers in my cell phone, I'd love to be able to dial them from my land-line phone... It sure would help. This vonage thing is really just a router that handles VoIP. You can plug any phone in to it that you want and call nation wide for about 26 bucks a month. Now thats great. Why hasn't Bell South given us that option yet? Probably because their revenue would go way down. It is just WAAAAAAAY cheaper than anything else that we could have done.

3 comments:

Batch said...

So can you take your vonage w/ you... i.e. can you plug in to an internet connection anywhere and have your phone line? That is cool.

kathleen said...

I'm always a late adopter when it comes to new-tech stuff like Vonage. I like comfortable and my phone company gives me comfortable. Plus DSL at a reasonable rate. :)

By the way, while your spelling has improved, you mispelled my link (i.e. "hoguester" instead of "hougester"). How was the crawfish?

Kate's Dad said...

Fixed your link punk. The crawfish were kicking. Not bad considering them Sabin boys cooked them. We need the hogues to have a big cookin time down here.

We should talk to Paul about it. Maybe he'll spring for about 500 lbs.

What do you think?