Friday, April 15, 2005

Well it's that time again...

Batch's birthday is here yet again. Happy Birthday buddy. I hope you aren't as old as I think you are. Let's just leave it at that.
We have been stinkin busy around here. I've had quite a time with Big River rolling along. Lot's of stuff to do, but seemingly no income this past week. I invoiced out another 4 or 5G's this week, so maybe we'll get paid soon. I did pay my taxes. It did hurt, but I survived. Somone please remind me to estimate those things this year so I don't get killed. We also hired a new girl this week. Her name is the same as my youngest sister, but spelled completely different. She's been learning. We hope to have her up to speed by the end of this month. She'll be full time after she graduates in May. She'll then get married, take another week off... and then come in full time after that.

We also had the privelidge of seeing Louisville newest resident. Her name is Haley Virginia.
She's the daugter of L. and T. some good friends of ours. We went to Jackson to visit them in the hospital. Our car broke down.... but it was just some corrosion on the battery terminal that I was able to fix with the help of the rent-a-cop in the target / olive garden parking lot.
I also had the distinct honor of eating my supper about 10 feet from Ligon Duncan. I spoke to him and he was very helpful with suggestions about the car getting fixed. He also drives a Nissan (so he said) and reccomended a couple of places for me to take care of us if we needed it.
Thanks Lig... we got it done!

4 comments:

kathleen said...

What, no deep theological question, for Sir Duncan? Andy, you're slacking on me.

Kate's Dad said...

I didn't want to get in to that "piedough" communism stuff. I should have but, since I didn't have a ride home and he was with his daughter checking on her achievment test scores, I didn't feel like this was the time or the place. Next time...

Batch said...

Thanks for the props man. Had a good one.

JSL said...

i hate when barnhills buffet is on fire!