Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Isn't there a song about this?

I've been "working on a building" now for the past couple of days. I keep thinking that there's an old Gillian Welch or Allison Krauss song about that. I had my buddies Adam and Robert come help me finish the nailing and hanging the wall fabric last night. We finished off the rest of the beer from Saturday. (Not bragging but reporting....) It certianly helped the morale of the work crew. We ended up having to make a Wal-Mart run -- or as I call it "hell-mart" trip to get some more supplies. While we were there we saw out local vet who has taken a shine to a single mom friend our ours. While he wasn't looking we took a bunch of flowers and put them in his cart. He didn't notice for a minute, but then he started looking around trying to figure out who had pranked him.
It was funny. He was befuddled. I love that word.

I've talked about this before but I had a meeting with Cingular last week. We are going to be testing one of their wireless devices that uses WAP to browse the web. I can't wait. I used it while I was down there with them eating lunch and checked my email and told employees what to do using it. Anything that isn't extremely expensive that helps keep us getting more done each day is worth it in my book. If its 400 bucks, but can help me bill an extra 5 hours a month, for the next year.... you better believe I'll be doing that!

Check back soon, when I get my digital camera working again I'll post some photos of the building in action. We need a good name for it. Maybe "Big River Headquarters".

Also, my buddy Robert is starting a carpet / floor cleaning business. He's looking for a name. Any ideas? We thought about "Prisock Indoor Management Pro's" he could go by the acronym "PIMP." Maybe it's not as good as I thought, but I got a kick out of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Big River Headwaters" would have a nice flow to it... You'll have to be careful about any flotsam or jetsam along the way...You could go way cool with a water theme to your office--fish tank, waves, sailboats, fishing tackle, ducks, and I suppose the obligatory cooler here and there. I've got some waterfall pictures I'd share...

Kate's Dad said...

Very "Punny!"
I could decorate with some of my decoys from duck hunting, a shotgun shell, and a few cans of beer. You have a sail that I could borrow?

Anonymous said...

BY the way, he settled on "Prisock proclean" for the business name.

kathleen said...

By the way, Andy, you are probably thinking about the Cowboy Junkies "Working on a building" from the Trinity Session.