Saturday, April 30, 2005

Getting Closer

I've been amazed at how much a good straightening up today made the building look much better.
C. was up there and she helped get things straightend up and they are looking ready to go. I need to get bellsouth to get my router up there so I can get on the interenet.
It's killing me.
We really could move in monday. There are more things that need to be done but it's looking pretty good for the home team.

Another dilema that I'm facing. What color to paint the front to the building. Right now its a bright blue color. The top (on the other side of the awning) is red (brickish color). I have a red building on my left and a white building on my right. What colors do you like?
Not pink. No lavender.... but what else...

I've been hanging fabric on the walls on one side like wall paper, using a staple gun and fabric glue it's actually looking better than I thought it was going to look. C. has been a good encourager on that front. I also have a display window that I can put something in. What do you put in a display window when your product is a service? (Web design...hosting...custom apps etc....)
Maybe plants? If I had the big bucks, I could put a plasma screen in there with a power point about our company -- but lets face it -- the average joe walking down main street can't even spell the word "web." We don't live in New York or anything.

Give me some feedback. I need some help here!

6 comments:

Batch said...

All that Red, White & Blue demands some Maroon and White.

Websites are basically electronic windows into a company. Transform some of your electronic content into hard media and put it in the storefront. Easels with posters proclaiming the benefits of working w/ Big River. Blown up screen shots of your coolest designs, etc....

If you don't like that just put a Shoney's big boy out there or a massive GO TO HELL OLE MISS (although if I remember L'ville correctly that would alienate about 90% of your potential client base).

Kate's Dad said...

You are correct that might just make a couple of the local yokels off. Some Ole Miss folks are some of my biggest clients. I try not to rub Maroon in their faces too much, but when we start winning again, I'll have a bigger business and won't need to cater to the rebel lovers... :)

I'm sure you were referring more to the explitive than the UM reference, but they both carry about the same wieght here. I did yell that out after the prayer at a high school graduation...It was ugly...But old habits die hard.

Kate's Dad said...

I do think maybe an blown up screen shot with some cool graphics of some of our companies designs would be attractive. I was thinking about getting a blonde to sit in the window holding up a screen shot when people walk by.

Batch said...

Actually, no I wasn't referring to the expletive. My recollection of L'ville is it being a primarily UM town, or at least having a UM air about it.

B

Batch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate's Dad said...

There are a lot of "them" here. But there are a good many MSU alums here. We've found about 6 or 8 that are our age and we've been able to go to the ball games etc with them and tailgate etc.

We keep a lower profile than some of "them" do. But after a year or two more of Croom, I'll be redoing the building in Maroon and White.