Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I should write a book

You wouldn't believe it if I told you, but I guess I'll tell ya anyhow. I'm here in a Borders bookstore (they have a t-mobile hotspot) where you can get on and use the internet. I use it a good bit here. Anyhow, I sit here in the corner and all of the stereotypes that one would imagine are here... Time to go.... I'll have to make some quick mental notes and report back to you.

Trust me, you'll enjoy this one.

Update: I tried to update this last night and blogger.com went south on me.
C tells me that I should write a short story about this thing and call it "Too much money, not enough sense."
I think that sums up lots of the folks I saw in the coffee shop yesterday there were some really interesting people. The first one I noticed as I walked up was "Annoying-Overconfident-Hyper-Loud-Talker" gut (henceforth AOHLT). He was on his cell phone outside the cafe, talking loud enough for me to hear him about 40 feet away. He was the guy that you'd expect with somewhat low self-esteem, that compensates by creating as much ruccous as possible so that everyone else has to take notice of him. (more on him later) On my left was the "Lady-Who-Thinks-She's-Seventeen-Not-47." (hencforth LWTSSN4). She had a $4.27 Latte and a bran muffin, her conversation was with her friend Susan about the teacher that had sent her daughter home early from Prep. She had a cronic case of talking with her hands, (something I've been accused of but I'm not this good). I couldn't help but get the impression (possibly from the amount of diamonds on her fingers, neck and ears) that she could have owned a diamond mind in another life. While she jabbered on her phone, the "Annoyed-Girl" who was listening to Mp3's on her laptop while flipping through the latest copy of Cosmo and InStyle, was tossing her hair and tossing annoyed glances her way. When I caught her eye, she rolled her eyes as if her study of whatever the heck was in the magazines was of utmost importance. I'm sure she was trying to memorize "16 ways to drive him crazy" so that she wouldn't have to actually buy the magazine.
Meanwhile, AOHLT has come in side, and is on his laptop, which starts to make noises. His 12 year old son is with him, and he says loud enough for everyone to hear. "Well, I think we have plenty of time before our flight goes, lets get a ham sandwhich or something." I was trying to get some work done (believe it or not). I wasn't interested in what he was ordering. I thought he'd walk over to the counter but then his cell phone rang. What ringtone did he have???? No it wasn't the little polite ring... no, it wasn't at rap song... it was William Tell.... I have no idea why he felt the need to take 6 cycles of the ring before picking it up, but he did. AG shot a look in his direction, as he started talking really loud and looking at a spreadsheet. I don't know what was in cell b-14, but it was pretty important and he kept talking about sales numbers in b-14 and b-18. I almost got up to sell him a web site, but I really like 99% of my customers a lot, and don't really like doing business with people that drive me up the stinking wall. He finally shut the phone off, and when to get the food for his son.
I figured that maybe I'd get something done, but LWTSSN4's daughter came in wearing half of a mini-skirt (must have been at that half-off sale or something). She looked like a Britney Spears Wannabe. Apparently she didn't have her bank account, because she walked in and got some money from mommy for shopping... With the money in hand, she was off... I wondered if that might work with Annoying-Guy... But I only had 5 bucks on me. So I spent it on 20 ounces of frozen coffee. (I had to have some energy to write my latest rant about gas prices)...

Ok so you get the picture...Bunch folks, lots of attitude. It was very entertaining. I really should write a book. I'll work on my story telling and get back to ya.

2 comments:

Batch said...

Where's the report?

Kate's Dad said...

it's on my desk with about 100 other things. I'll get it back on there shortly.