Saturday, March 05, 2005

Equity of work

I'm so tired. I don't even want to reach for the remote and switch off the TV from one of the finest shows ever. (Duh, Sanford and Son as if I had to even clarify that.) I'm kidding, but I did hear that someone is starting to show the Dukes of Hazard again. I can't wait to see that again. I remember going to Grandmothers and watching that on TNT as a younger man.

Back to the day's activities, we have a huge attic that has plenty of room if you are organized. (we aren't real organized) I put all the X-mas stuff right there by the landing up there, and so before I could do anything else I had to move that back to the back and try to get everything else in there. It's not fun toting huge crates of clothing and decor up and down the flimsy attic stairs. I'm too heavy to feel comfortable on those things. We had to move stuff from the baby's room to the garage, and sort and organize the stuff that was in the garage. I wish I could have paid someone else to do all of that junk and been fishing or something. However, once I got going, (after I saw State lose on national TV) I was very efficient. Hunting is one of my only hobbies, and I love to hunt deer, duck, turkey and dove. Part of good hunting is having good gear. Each type of hunt requires different gear, some of it can be done with the same equipment. But here's the kicker. I can't keep all of my duck gear, and deer gear and everything else all out all year. It would be great to have a nice big storage place that I can keep everything in, but I don't. That keeps me shuffling my gear around. It's a big pain in the keyster but now I've got a system -- that should help. It felt good to get some "real work" done. I always hate to get started but it's fun when it gets done.

4 comments:

Batch said...

I stumbled across a Dukes of Hazard documentary the other day while channel surfing. It rocked. Uncle Jesse and JD Hogg have both passed on. Roscoe, Cooter, Bo, Luke, Daisy and Ennis were all on the documentary. I didn't get to see the whole thing but what I did see was awesome. Fortunately they ignored those imposter 'cousins' that filled in for Bo & Luke.

YEEEEEEHAWWWWW!

Kate's Dad said...

C. looked it up last night. They are coming on CMT at 6 PM central every night! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWW!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Chapman. Nice new blog, btw. I would move, but I have so much history on mine (in archives) and don't want folks to worry about changing URLs and whatnot.

Speaking of Dukes of Hazzard, do you know where it was filmed? Down in Baton Rouge and Zachary. And to make things even weirder, a lot of the car crash scenes were filmed at Stuart Mills' Great Uncle's property. Samuel told me (and was pretty excited about it) that he saw Jessica Simpson walking around the LSU campus. Strange stuff.

-Joseph

Kate's Dad said...

joe,
leave it there as an archive. The problem is that when i try to go to your blog about half the time it won't load. Comon, don't be a sissy. Join us!
they won't delete it...