Sunday, March 20, 2005

Easy Like Sunday Mawning

I've had a long Sunday AM. I teach Sunday school, then go to church, then a nap, then back for evening, then to youth group at 7.
Fortunately, today I got a small break. We had a farewell dinner after church today for our pastor of 11 years. He'll be looking for something else, we'll be looking for a new pastor. It was a emotional day at the church. We aren't having evening services, (I can't say that I'm too upset about that.) We cancelled youth group too. Even I need a break sometimes. We also have another meeting up at 4:00 PM. I helped pick the time, never dreaming that my Bulldogs would be playing basketball at the exact same time. I just hope there are no double teams at our meeting.

So, in about 2 hours, I'll be able to watch the MSU game, and spend time with the wife for the evening. I can't wait. Rest for me is very welcome.

Any State fans out there?

2 comments:

Batch said...

What a heartbreaking game.

What's going on w/ your pastor? Is he just ready for a change or is the congregation ready for a change? Everything ok? You at Covenant or First?

Kate's Dad said...

It killed me... the game was going along great, and the tape stopped. Dang thing just wasn't long enough... I had to find out the fate on the ticker at ESPN.

Our session and pastor came to the mutual decision to look for another pastor. We are at Covenant. I'm not sure what we are doing yet, but Bill Smith is preaching now. He's our interim pastor.

I usually think of that "interim" thing as dating someone you can't marry. It's just not good, but I feel like we have a lot of talent in Bill that we can use to stabalize and grow the church, even without a full-time pastor.