Saturday, September 10, 2005

This was a new one on me.

Changing the 100th diaper of the last couple of days, I suddenly realized that she wasn't finished with her very dirty business. She grunted and then -- I heard a poot, the kind made by a 4-day-old. Next thing I know, there is poop flying through the air in small pieces headed toward me. I screamed out of suprise. C. Didn't think it was funny but I was laughing for 5 minutes. Then I took off every thing I had on and put it straight in the wash.
Kate 1 - Dad 0.

We made it home from the hospital today. I can't tell you how glad I am to be back in my king sized bed. That little tiny broke down thing they call a "pull out" bed is NOT comfortable. I've been more comfortable sleeping on the lawn.

The other thing that I learned from the hosptital was that I don't matter. They had a team of Docs and Nurses checking on C and a team for Kate. But me, I don't matter. I don't count. I'm not important.

Please pray for Cam's blood pressure to settle down. She's still having trouble with it getting up a bit. It doesn't help when I yell when I'm being pooped opon. But please pray that we can get good rest. That I can get caught up on work. And that Kate is healthy and strong.

Ok. I'm going to bed, (and going to watch LSU).

2 comments:

jereme said...

Way to go Kate! Lily couldn't help but be proud of you! Did you sleep good last night?

Kate's Dad said...

Kate says she slept very well. And soiled many diapers.