Thursday, September 01, 2005

Did we forget something?

Did anyone mention to the newscasters that there are a couple of people (maybe one or two) that aren't in New Orleans that are in dire need of help too...

See letter below from Ginger (Blacklidge) Hyatt:

For those of you who don't know, my family is in Gulfport, MS where the hurricane hit. Mom my somehow made it home yesterday and even though I haven't talked to her directly, she left a message on Wade's cell (calling from someone's cell that worked) saying.... if you know ANYONE coming down there, please bring extra Water AND Gas - enough to last 6
weeks! It is their biggest need right now. I'm sure generators would
help also.


Please forward this to anyone you know who may be able to help.

Also, if you have family down there, please let me know their updates.
We don't have a lot of info since communications are down. I know my
family is safe. My grandmother's home is flattened (she lived on the
beach), and my dad and brother had 9 ft. of water in each of their
homes. That's as much as we know for now. Please pray for everyone down
there. Tough weeks ahead!!


Thanks!
Ginger

Date: Sep 1, 2005 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: GNO help



Yes, this is all so sad. I just can't believe it and almost can't watch
TV. I just talked to my brother in Gpt. and he said there is no sign
of FEMA, and The Red Cross got there yesterday but noone knows where
they are. He is so mad. There is NO HELP. And, I feel so helpless. If
you know of ANY churches delivering supplies, PLEASE encourage them to
go to Gpt.


Wow... We need to be getting down there with some help. New Orleans isn't the only place that has MAJOR needs and issues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dignan said...

Andy: I got your comment about being to help out with a temporary housing database. Email me at willhinton@gmail.com with your contact information including phone number and I will call you to chat about this. Thanks!

Dignan