Tuesday, September 27, 2005

This is my first post

This is my first post from word. I’ve tried the blogger tool for word. We’ll see if this works. We are doing well. But still need some more sleep, and probably more business now too. It’s been tough trying to keep up with everything with a new baby, and plenty of stuff to do with work as well. I have so much to do, but I’m learning that I might need to find a very small web niche, that is highly profitable and just seek and deal with those clients. I’m spending a lot of time changing gears.  I guess it’s like a manufacturer where you make money as long as the line is up, but when it goes down, or you have to make repairs, you start to lose money. That’s a lot like programming and web design. I’ve started doing some programming again. Doing some coding reminded me what I like about it, it’s similar to cutting a pasture for hay, you can see what you’ve done when it works. It’s always nice. Sometimes you can’t see what you’ve accomplished in this business. Maybe sometimes it’s because I didn’t accomplish enough.

2 comments:

Batch said...

Seems like the word tool works well.

I like bushhogging or mowing yards for those same reasons. I bet building houses, farming and other manly professions are very rewarding like that too. One day I may have a manly job, until then I'll keep sitting behind this desk, 'consulting'.

B

Kate's Dad said...

I'm with you. I think if I could bushhog for a living and make 150 G's doing it. I'd be all over it.
What do you need but a tractor and some fuel. Here you don't even need a trailer you can drive the tractor as your main car. Was a guy who used to drive his to work here in town when I was a kid.