Tuesday, September 06, 2005

She's finally here

Today was unlike any other. Normal untill about 1:30 pm. I have been working on databases and having meetings and running around doing a million things. My phone I had put on silent while I had an particularly important meeting around 12:00pm. I noticed a couple of calls from C. who was at her regular weekly Dr's visit in Jackson. I was checking my voice mail and finally got down to hers. It was a "call me now" urgent message. I did as I was beckoned. It turns out that a bit of high blood pressure and the baby being plenty large made for a nice day for a C section.

I finally talked to C. around 2:50 pm. She was giving me instructions on what to grab, what to pack and telling me to get down here and that the C section was planned for 4 pm. We live 90 miles from the hospital, and our car was in the shop. I didn't even realize what time it was. I finally got the car from the repair place, and threw all our luggage in the car, it was 3:45. They said that we would be pushed back till 5 pm. At 4:45 I made it to Jackson. Where as usual, we had to hurry up and wait. We waited till about 7:00 to actually have the section done. It was a bit bloody and way too much like cleaning a deer for my liking. Before long they had her out and were cleaning her up and letting me touch her and hold her.

What a feeling. I've never held anything so precious. Kate, we love you and we are glad you are finally here. At 7:54 PM. Kate Taylor was born, 7 lbs, 13 oz. 20 inches long.

Am I proud? You betcha. She's a special part of this family. I know Rosie and Sophie are going to be jealous (my two labs) because they can't hold a candle to my new "girl".

I'm about to get ready to try and sleep on this excuse for a bed. C. is fine, she's tired. I've got a world of things on my mind. And oh so much to think about.

More later. And of course photos as soon as they are ready to go.
Proud Poppa -- signing off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!
Congratulations Andy!
- David

JSL said...

yay! how cool is that? i know at least 3 cousins that will be roughly the same age.