Friday, August 12, 2005

Crackin' heads


Did ya'll see those guy's almost kill each other last night??? There were two outfielders diving for the same ball, that apparently hit each other in the head, and knocked each other out.

I can't tell you how awful that looked on TV. I wanted to see it slow motion, but somehow, they didn't play it. I think I only saw the clip during the Packers game. Wow. Pain like you would never imagine.


So, C. hasn't been making purses, but she's still got her design flare, look at this beauty that she dreamed up. She took it to a lady to make it with her design in mind and viola! It's a baby bag. (How many baby bags do you have?) We have a Kate Spade, this one, another cloth one, a polkadot plasticy one (which is cute), a black and white one with flowers on it and I think that is it. But I could be wrong. Sometimes they appear later on without warning.

How much would you pay for a bag like this one? Wide straps for comfort, hand made, comes with BABYswanky label on it... They'd have to sell for at least $60 to make it worth our while, but I'm slowly learning from owning my own business, that it's good to make a good profit on things. That's what people do. It's a healthy activity. People don't need to price gouge, but a healthy profit is a good thing for the economy.

Speaking of the economy, who wants a flat tax? A sales tax, get rid of income tax... I've talked to some people who say it would kill our economy, I've talked to others who say that it would kill charitable organizations. I've talked to some who say taxing isn't about anything other than a social agenda, of making people equal. I think that if you don't pay taxes you shouldn't get to vote. Man, I'm radical. Doesn't that make more sense, if you are on the dole, (sp?) you shouldn't be able to vote your self more money? If you are paying taxes, shouldn't you have a pretty good say in how your money is spent?

Mississippi got $2.51 Billion dollars in this highway (pork) bill... Does anyone think that those contracts for doing those roads could be done cheaper and faster if they were done with private contractors? I think the state has moved somewhat to that, but there is plenty of MDOT pork barrel money getting filtered out, out of the pockets of citizens.

1 comment:

JSL said...

Yes much money is wasted with GOOOVERNMENT CONNNTRACTS as Neal Boortz would enunciate.
Wow! I get quoted in someone's header. I feel honored.