Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Cannons Still Rumble

I was reading about the "killing / killin" trial today and found this story about some cannons that still are used just outside of Jackson to stop hail from damaging cars. I'm sure they will figure out another reason to stop capitalism from working.

So what did you think about the Killin trial? I like the way court TV had to call it the "KKK Trial..." What an interesting spin. The Klan wasn't on trial, but some 80 year old man. Don't think I'm trying to be sympathetic to him, I'm not. But I'm sick of the liberal media taunting this as something other than it is. It is something that should have happened a while back. But I get sick when I see Jesse Jackson get on TV and ranting and raving that society has created a industry of incarcerating black men. Saying that we (the white conservatives) have started a multi-billion dollar industry keeping blacks in jail. So let me get this straight. I get them to rob, and pillage, and shoot people and rape people so that I can make 9 bucks a day per head off of them in prison??? You have got to be kidding. Good call Jesse, you nailed it... (What an idiot!) Jesse, the village called, they need their idiot back!
How that has anything to do with the "Killen Trial" I have no idea... But Jesse had to link it somehow.

I'm not a Klan sympathizer, I don't believe in that type of thing. I get mad when a new (black owned) business is starting on main street and the old men down town start saying there is a "negra woman" opening up a .......
I get mad when elders in some churches don't think there is any thing wrong with the Klan, and they testify to such on national TV. (That's right, you saw a Presbyterian elder on national TV saying stuff to that effect.)

I know that this is a long post but the last thing I want to ramble about is the fact that this case, and others like it has been touted as a possible stepping stone for "reparations." I don't know what to think about that. If I took someone's money, and stole it. I should give it back with interest. If my great-great-grandfather owned slaves should I somehow be liable for that?(by the way he DIDN'T) How do you decide who is? Every white person? Southerners? I don't claim to know much about all of this, but I do know that I sure don't think that money is the answer to these problems.

3 comments:

Batch said...

What elder defended the klan?

Kate's Dad said...

One from a church in Philly... not one of ours (thank goodness).

JSL said...

the concept of systemic racism may hold some validity. unfortunately it's coming from a media whore like the reverend jackson who has zero credibility on any side of the aisle.