Monday, July 10, 2006

Its a monday

6:45 am comes early down here. The constant stream of fires that must me put out and endless...both from church and big river. Copiers that won't copy...bills to pay, clients that need something done, checks to deposit, people that need to pay me that need a phone call...etc. It never stops. I feel like I'm in the midst of something really special happening, but sometimes I miss it from all the stuff going on. If you are reading this and want to pray for something, start with us on the coast. I love what i'm doing down here, but sometime miss the big picture for the details. Jeans sermon was particularly good yesterday.
The gospel never gets old. I never cease to be reminded that its ok that it isn't ok and that Jesus moves toward things that are broken. Its nice to be able to be real enough to say, "i'm not ok" and not worry about being kicked out of the church. Down here the church in a sense is no different...with the exception of that the people are so broken we can't put a smile and an extra coat of paint on and try to hide it. I can live like this. I can thrive like this.

Sent from my wireless device.

No comments: