Thursday, April 06, 2006

Honey I'm home....


We made an offer on this pile of junk... ok not really this pile, but the house behind the pile.
As you can see it's almost like new construction, but it's in a neighborhood in Waveland that didn't get too much damage. Only water. Do you think we can get ziplock to come out with a "house sized" ziplock??? I'll email the CEO and get started on that.

When we take possession you are all invited down to help. There are plenty of places to stay, and plenty of great places to eat and drink... (well more than there are here anyway).

Stuart, I don't know if you remember offering to help with the move... I might need your help with the carpentry... I can get some high schoolers to unload a u-haul, but measure twice cut once, and have a good sense of humor... that's hard to find.

As you can see i'm going to need all new kitchen cabinents. If you know anywhere we can find some let me know. we like the white ones with the little piece of trim on the doors. With the polished silver looking hardware.... If I just had some home depot connections.

It's funny to be excited about buying a gutted house. It is something that I've always wanted to do. So I'm ready for it.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like quite a project - but a fun one! Wishing you guys the best with your move. ~marianna