Friday, January 13, 2006

It's easy to get behind

I can't believe that it's this far in to January. Seems like yesterday was Christmas. I've been pretty busy with things work related, and some "fun" related. After a somewhat slow December, things have picked up this month. We have several new sites to work on at big river, and have had lots of new kate things to do. She got her 4 mo. shots on Tuesday. She was pretty well behaved, it took to nurses to hold her little chubby legs down so they could give her shots. I helped hold her still, I hate doing that, I feel like I'm being so mean to her. But the truth is, that its better than catching measels, mumps and rubella, (or whatever they were for).

We had a big trip, chandler ross and I took to MO. We hunted at the North Delta Duck Club. We had a great time. The first morning we were covered up with ducks and snow geese. I have some incredible photos on the camera that I need to get off and post here. The second day, wasn't quite as busy, we missed out on several groups of mallards because we were taking a leak, or fixing the decoys... I guess thats how it goes. We stayed at the New Orleans Inn in Portageville, MO and it was pretty nice accomodations. They have a bar and grill that was pretty good food. Reasonalbly priced, and good service. There will definately be a return trip.

Things here at the home front are continuing on. I have a meeting with my accoutnant today, to recocile several months of of bank statements and checks, and get my W2's and 1099's ready for this coming up year. This is my first year to have the w2's and I'm not really looking forward to all of this, i really want to hand over the whole bookkeeping thing. It's not my cup of tea. I'm good at sales, marketing and management (making sure others are doing what they are supposed to do). I've got to let go of the books and let someone else do it. 100% of it would be nice.

Have to do more later.

1 comment:

Bill Chapman said...

I can identify with holding the baby for the doctor. Part of the exercises for this course got me to remember the time I held you while the doctor broke the bones in your feet. I felt helpless, sad, and mad at that doctor. It is one time I really remember feeling something. -Dad