Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas time is here (and now its gone)

So some musings and ramblings on the past year, Chritmas time, and other things of note.

We had Christmas in Starkville, with Kate and all the brothers and sisters except betsy and jereme. But before we left we had Kate's first Christmas and it was really fun. She had a fun time watching her gifts get opened.

I got several cool things, I'll name some of them here so you can know what not to get me.
  • John Grisham Books
  • Palm Treo (from Big River)
  • Journal
  • Socks (lots of them)
  • Stationary (with my name on them)
  • Polo Shirt
  • MSU Polo Shirt
  • Makers Mark
  • Lots of stuff that I already owned from mom (she's cleaning out some space)
The list goes on, but you get the idea, not too shabby. Kate had the most presents of anyone I've ever seen.


The Starkville festivities were pretty interesting. Everyone was much more tolerable after a couple of drinks. I guess thats the way it goes with families.

We (me and charlie) went back to belzoni for another Duck Hunt. This time we didn't do jack. The weather was not cooperating. We were there and heard some thunder off in the distance, it was crazy, the ducks never even came over our decoys much, then we moved off to another spot, and a huge group flew down in to our decoys.
Right when we were leaving it started pouring. Add another week to my cold duration from that. My jacket is "water absorbent" which means that it soaked up about 40 lbs of water and was soo heavy.


I'll get back in the swing of things on here better soon. Had an unsuccessful deer hunt with robert today.

No comments: