Sunday, January 15, 2006

Yuck... Accounting

After a meeting with my CPA Friday, I realized something that I've know for a while, but that has made itself crystal clear. I stink at doing my books, and someone else needs to do it. She asked me "when have you reconciled from" I kind of squirmed, and grunted "uhm, reconciled?? ".
2006 will be different, partly because she is going to do all my book work (except for invoices and receivables). I can't wait to get that monkey of my back and get back to knowing to-the-penny how much money I spent on what items.

I used to have so much time that quickbooks was like a daily musing, now I'm so busy actually doing the work, that it has taken a back seat to finishing web sites. I guess it's not that different from folks who "know how to do a web site" but that pay me handsomely to do a good professional job...

I need to get back to a "whats new in 2006" for BRS. I'll post some links to new sites that we've completed, and some that we are working on in the new year. You never know what type of site we might be working on these days. Publicly traded companies, brand new companies, radio stations etc... we are doing it all. We are running ads on 104.5 out of starkville, and star92 and rock 101 out of grenada, in hopes of expanding our market more outside of the louisville area. Don't get me wrong, we already work with companies all over the country, but there's plenty of room for more growth right here in MS. Watch for some new product offerings in the next few months. You might be suprised at what we can do.

1 comment:

Becky McCray said...

Thanks for a vivid reminder to give up what we are not good at, so we can focus on producing our income.

I just found your blog, and really enjoy getting glimpses of your business thinking.

Becky McCray
Small Biz Survival