Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Server Migration is a ^%$#@@$$

I'm moving all my clients accounts to a faster better more secure server. I've never been as up tight as I have been the last couple of nights. It's just a crazy feeling, knowing that somewhere, there are two servers, that are copying 1's and 0's and if they all work, I'll be ok, but that if something happens, i'll be on the phone all day tomorrow talking to clients, working out problems and explaining that this is going to be ok.

I am using www.RackSpace.com for my managed server. They are an INCREDIBLE company, support that really is good. I like to think that I'm like their support, when people call and need something, I really do take care of them and WANT to help them.

So how much faster is it you ask? Well it's like i went from a KIA sophia, to a FORD F250 superduty powerstroke, (quad cab of course).
It's a pretty big difference. I hope to have good things to report. Otherwise, I might just run off to the Bahamas, and hide from all the angry customers.

Ok, well I'm going to yawn a couple more times, and call it a night (meaning that I'll be back awake in about 2 hours when Kate wakes up).

No comments: