Thursday, July 14, 2005

March....Wait.... July Madness!!!!

My wife is a wedding planner. That's really just another way to say that, several weekends out of the year I have to march my chubby A$$ down to a wedding and do all the menial tasks that no one else is doing. I'm a good delegator. I'm pretty good at getting in there and getting things done if I have people who have the right skills.

This weekend is a big wedding here. 350 guests, outdoor band, reception with a bar, band and oh... since my wife is pregnant, I have a DD... Wonderful. Could I have planned it better? Maybe, but I don't think so. (she might argue that being pregnant and living here in July is about as close to hell as she's ever been) We are working, (even now she's out with the family managing the flowers and the workers... making everything fly right....) all day on this stuff. I just try to keep my feet moving and my mouth shut. Lest you (or others) think I'm complaining... Let me be clear.
I'm not complaining. I'm just a reporter for the "Wacky Times."

So what are you kids doing this summer? I have an anniversary in oh... about 5 days... A golfing outing that I've been approved to go to, and oh yeah, that, a baby coming in 9 weeks. Can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nine stinking weeks. That's hardly time to get anything done. What kind of idiot am I? That's dove season.

No comments: