Sunday, June 24, 2007

Back in action.


It's been over 5 years since I 've really played at the ol' watering holes. I think the last time I played at a bar was the day Carl and Shea got married. Wednesday night I played for about 50 folks here at a bar called Clyde's (www.clydesbar.com) coming soon ;).
We had a blast, I have always made up songs off the top of my head, and so I did about 3 numbers, making up stuff about some of the people in the crowd... They loved it, I had a blast. People always ask, "what do you play?" The answer is hard. Everything from Journey, to Willie and Waylon, Old Country, New Country, Queen, John Prine, CCR, Nanci Griffith... plus I've written so many songs that people are starting to ask for by name.
So I guess, what I play is whatever I want to play. I don't have the Steve Perry voice, or the Willie Nelson grinding silk voice, but I LOVE singing. I've always thought that I had to be able to sing like Eddie Vedder, or Randy Travis to be able to do something with music. I've realized I'm wrong. I can be me... And I'm going to start being me a lot more often. It's been requested by many of the folks there on Wednesday. Get ready, cause here I come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: