Sunday, March 19, 2006

Good times, lots to think about

Spring Break was quite a week. I took 7 jr high and high school students to Biloxi to help with Katrina cleanup. What a mess... Sheetrock mud, hammers and nails and oh so much more was done. Even tonight at church, parents spoke to me about their children growning up over the past 3 days. I know I grew up a little as well. We did so much, yet it was so little. They need literally hundreds of people to come down, especially skilled people, who can do electrical work, and those that can do roofing. While the PCA as a whole may not have been the most organized, the churches of Biloxi and (the plant) in Bay Saint Louis are getting people and materials together to get things done. Our church has a blogspot for the trip, you might want to take a look...

2 comments:

Mosshouse said...

Glad that you got to go. I went with a group from my church in January. Hope to go back in April or May. You are right about the need. However, as someone told me when I was there...every nail that we drive is one less that has to be done.

Kate's Dad said...

no kidding. and every group that comes, makes a little more progress, every day it gets better down there. That's the important thing.