Thursday, February 09, 2006

it can't be true

I went to an art opening in Starkville tonight with C. and KT. It was really wild, the kids there (and I do mean kids), seemed like they were 12. I'm sure they were freshmen and sophomores but they seemed so young.
I remember feeling young and free the first couple of years of college, (and high school when I hung out with all the college folks). I guess I got a couple of extra college years in via my high school days, when I had more friends at MSU than at SHS.

So, tell me about you... Do you feel older? Does being on campus make you feel young again? Or does it make you feel 100 years old because you aren't a freshman any more???

Some folks talked a while back about Shane McRae being in the show Four Kings on NBC. Cammie and I watched a couple of episodes, but don't find a whole lot of redeeming quality in it. I'm very impressed with Shane's acting. He acts just like he did in high school. Perfect 10 on the casting call. I'd really love to see him cast as a sophisticated white collar stock day trader or something on the opposite of the spectrum. I guess that would be like Leslie Nielson being cast as a serious spy like James bond. No one would believe it. So, what do you think of Four Kings? The characters are really funny in and of themselves, but too much crude humor for me to sit and watch with the family.

Other fun stuff. C. just got a job writing a column in the local paper the "Winston County Journal". She's doing a "ask the wedding planner" thing like dear abby. Lets hope she can make more sense than dear abby. The only thing I liked about that column was the john prine song that came out of it.

10 comments:

Bill Chapman said...

winstoncountyjournal is another of those sites whose ISP is so illiterate that you must put the www. on their URL.

We enjoyed seeing y'all last night! Tan slept soundly after carrying KT so much. :)

kathleen said...

Chapman, I remember you hanging out with us while in High School. You must have gotten somewhere between 7 to 8 years of college experience. You poor lad.

I know what you mean about going back to campus and realizing that it wasn't that long ago when we were there.

I wish that I had NBC so that I could watch Shane, but I hope that this opens up lots of opportunities for him.

Anonymous said...

wow, this is random- i just stumbled over your page and saw that you wrote about Shane McRae. How do you know him? I've never met him, but he's a friend of a friend. This is weird considering I live in Florida...small world.

Kate's Dad said...

Shane went to church with me for several years. Youth group met at his parents home. They are a really fun family.

Anonymous said...

gotcha- i go to church where the Mcrae's used to go...i've heard similar descriptions

Kate's Dad said...

so, what was your impression of the 4 kings?

Anonymous said...

well, I really wanted to like it...but I thought the writing was pretty lame. all the jokes that were at least mildly decent were all done before, even overdone. I thought it was a great premise, sean green is great, but the writing lacked. You definietely knew you were watching a sitcom (canned laughter din't help much either). But I thought Shane's acting was pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chapstick. Smitty here. I definitely feel like an old fogey around college kids. It seems very hard to relate to their life, and it almost embarrassing to think of myself when I was their age. I loved it when you were in the ninth grade and hung out with us college folk. Fun memories!

Kate's Dad said...

Those were some fun times. Went to starkville this past weekend and again felt a hunnerd years old.
I got carded at the grill ordering a beer, i took off my hat and the guy laughed and said "here you go!"

The old ID card isn't as important as it once was...

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I feel hella old (today is my birthday). Thanks for the reminder. Heck, I'm even older than you! Ha!

Feeling old... especially to have not even graduated college yet. Geez! :)

~Marianna~